My New Year’s Resolutions 2017
It’s hard to believe that 2017 is only a few days away. Honestly, I’m ready for it! Can I have the future now please? But seriously, I am ready to move on to the next version of myself. I feel like the next chapter of my life is going to be a big one. I want to greet everything that’s coming my way as my best self, which is why I’ve put together some resolutions that I think I’m actually going to stick to this year! You know why I say that? Because I already started living them!
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit…or at least that’s what my parents always told me, so I wanted to give myself plenty of time to settle into these new habits for 2017.
My keywords for these goals are: eco-friendly, wallet-friendly, and health conscious!
- Always use reusable shopping bags at the store!
- Put at least $50 per week towards my savings
- Use cash for purchases
- Only drink coffee out of my refillable coffee mug (this goes for eco-friendly, too! Double-score!)
- Pack a lunch every day
- Don’t buy chips! (one exception: non-GMO tortilla chips with avocado or hummus…because at least that’s a little better…I like to treat myself sometimes haha…)
- No Fast food!
- No technology past 10:00 PM
- Go paraben-free
- Only buy natural products (no animal testing, no parabens, organic, etc.)
Bonus: Read more books!
These are pretty ambitious goals that I’d like to accomplish and I know that it’ll be slow going at first, but I want to share my journey to a simpler, cleaner lifestyle, so if you’d like to follow along on Instagram and stay tuned for future posts. Also, please feel free to share your goals for 2017 with me in a comment! I love hearing from you!
Peace, love, and happy creating!